What is the "Arrival-Service"?
- We organize the key of your room in the dormitory.
- A student gives a personal and warm welcome to you.
- We help with all things you need to organize, when you move in (pay deposit, sign contract, ...).
- You get a first orientation in the dormitory and the surrounding area.
- in Kiel:
- A student will pick you up from the central station, bus station or port and will bring you to the dormitory by car.
- You can buy bedlinen for 10,-€ (pillow, blanket, bed sheet, douvet cover). Please note: The rooms in our dormitories do not have any of these things.
The Arrival-Service is free of charge.
Please notice: the Arrival-Service in autumn 2019 will start on September 2nd.
Please plan your arrival accordingly.
All international students can register for the Arrival-Service,
- if they'll live in one of the dormitories of Studentenwerk SH
- if they arrive, when the Wohnheimverwaltung (Housing Department) and the caretakers of the dormitories are not available any more (that is mostly in the afternoon, evening, at night, at weekends and on holidays).
How to register
In which dormitory will you live?
- for all dormitories in Kiel, Flensburg, Lübeck
Is the caretaker still available, when you arrive in Kiel/Flensburg/Lübeck?
→ Yes. Then please inform your caretaker about the day and time of arrival. You can arrive by your own and you get the key of your room directly at the dormitory. You'll find more important information about a trouble-free arrival here.
→ No. Then you can register for the Arrival-Service:
- Please register at least 10 days before your arrival, then we'll be able to organize everything for your arrival.
- After your registration: We'll send you an email with all further information.
Click on your city:
- Kiel (We offer the Arrival Service in Kiel from the 2nd of September until the 20th of October 2019)
Please notice: Your registration for the Arrival-Service is valid, as soon as you get a confirmation email with detailed information from us (subject: "Anreise-Service: Bestätigung und Info"). In this period, we cannot consider any registrations within a short time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you haven't recieved any response within four days, please also check your spam mailbox.
More important information for a trouble-free arrival
Busses and trains run like on Sundays.
All shops, offices and departments are closed, also the caretakers of the dormitories and the housing department.
Bank Holidays in winter semester 2019/20:
Day of German Unity: 3.10.
Reformation Day: 31.10.
Bank Holidays in summer semester 2020:
Good Friday: 30.03.
Easter Monday: 2.03.
Labour Day: 1.05.
Ascension Day: 10.05.
Whit Monday: 21.05.