What is the "Arrival-Service"?
- We organize the key of your room in the dormitory.
- A student gives a personal and warm welcome to you.
- We help with all things you need to organize, when you move in (pay deposit, sign contract, ...).
- You get a first orientation in the dormitory and the surrounding area.
- in Kiel:
- A student will pick you up from the central station, bus station or port and will bring you to the dormitory by car.
- You can buy bedlinen for 10,-€ (pillow, blanket, bed sheet, douvet cover). Please note: The rooms in our dormitories do not have any of these things.
The Arrival-Service is free of charge.
Please notice: Due to the spread of the coronavirus, registrations for the arrival-service are no longer possible.
All international students can register for the Arrival-Service,
- if they'll live in one of the dormitories of Studentenwerk SH
- if they arrive, when the Wohnheimverwaltung (Housing Department) and the caretakers of the dormitories are not available any more (that is mostly in the afternoon, evening, at night, at weekends and on holidays).
More important information for a trouble-free arrival
Busses and trains run like on Sundays.
All shops, offices and departments are closed, also the caretakers of the dormitories and the housing department.
Bank Holidays in winter semester 2019/20:
Day of German Unity: 3.10.
Reformation Day: 31.10.
Bank Holidays in summer semester 2020:
Good Friday: 10.04.
Easter Monday: 13.04.
Labour Day: 1.05.
Ascension Day: 21.05.
Whit Monday: 31.05.