Student Union Fee
If you are enrolled at a university supervised by the Studentenwerk SH, you have to pay a contribution of 63.00 Euro per semester to the Studentenwerk SH.
This fee is imposed by the respective universities and must be paid before enrolment.
In addition to the Studentenwerk SH fee, the Studentenwerk SH is also responsible for collecting other student fees such as the AStA fee including the semester ticket, registration fee, late fee, etc. for the universities and the AStA. The Studentenwerk SH retains the Studentenwerk contribution and transfers the AStA contribution to the AStAs and the fees of the universities to the respective university.
How high is the Studentenwerksbeitrag?
Since the summer semester 2019 the contribution is 63,00 Euro per semester.
When is the Studentenwerksbeitrag due?
The fee is due upon enrollment or re-registration and it is payable to the Studentenwerk SH.
When you enroll or re-register at your university, you have to prove that you have paid the Studentenwerksbeitrag for the semester you are enrolling or re-registering for. The examination of this is the responsibility of the university you enroll or re-register at.
Can I pay the Studentenwerksbeitrag in installments, hours or recieve reductions?
No, the fee cannot be waived, reduced or deferred.
Where do I transfer the Studentenwerksbeitrag to?
At the beginning of each semester or course of study you will receive a request from your university to pay your student fees. There is a separate account for each university, which you will be informed of via the university.
Can I pay the Studentenwerksbeitrag in cash oder by EC-card?
At our Service Point in the Mensa I in Kiel you can pay the Studentenwerksbeitrag in cash or by EC-card. Credit card payment is unfortunately not possible.
The opening hours are on Tuesday and Thursday from 11 am to 02 pm.
Since we want to abolish the possibility of cash payment in the long term, we would like to ask you to refrain from doing so from now on.
Do I have to pay the Studentenwerksbeitrag if I do not use the services of the Studentenwerk at all?
Yes, this is a solidarity contribution, especially to finance the free services of the Studentenwerk.
In which cases is there a refund or remission of the Studentenwerksbeitrag possible?
A refund or remission of the Studentenwerk fee is possible in the following cases upon application:
- Exmatriculation or revocation of enrollment takes place before the beginning of the semester for which the fee was paid.
- If the student can credibly demonstrate that he or she cannot, even partially, make use of the services of the Studentenwerk (e.g. in the case of a change of university, semester abroad or refusal of a place of study)
Where can I find the application for a refund?
You can find the application for refund here. Please fill it out completely and attach the documents indicated.
Which documents do I have to enclose with the application?
Please attach the following documents:
- Proof of payment (e.g. copy of bank statement) AND
- Copy of the provisional (CAU only) or definitive certificate of exmatriculation OR
- Proper certificate of exmatriculation OR
- Copy of the new matriculation certificate in case of change of university OR
- Proof of the university of non-acceptance of the place of study/confirmation of deletion
PLEASE note that an application for exmatriculation is not sufficient.