Procedere and tips
1. If you are interested in homesharing please fill in one of the questionnaires (landlord or tenant) and submit it to the Housing Department of the Studentenwerk.
2. The Housing Department visits the landlords to get information on the apartment or house. On this occasion the questionnaire can be filled in together.
3. Based on the questionnaire we choose fitting homesharing partners. The student receives one or more contact addresses of landlords. (Only name and phone number are passed on.)
4. The meeting between both parties can - if desired - be accompanied by the Housing Department.
5. In the course of the meetings it is important to talk about habits and wishes.
6. If both parties are interested in sharing a home, a tenancy agreement is concluded. Conclusion of the tenancy agreement can also be accompanied by the Housing Department - alternatively we ask you to inform the Housing Department about the conclusion.
7. Should you have any questions or problems, the Housing Department is available at all times - even after conclusion of a tenancy agreement.
If a homeshare is to succeed it is important to take enough time to get to know each other beforehand. It is advisable to meet several times before signing the contract and to exchange wishes and expectations.
It helps to avoid later misunderstandings and disappointments when the conditions of homesharing (kind and extent of help, use of other rooms in the apartment or house etc.) are written down in a detailed mutual agreement.
It is also important to speak about habits.
If you are interested in homesharing and want to get further information please contact us:
"Housing for Help" – Lend a Hand - Save some Rent
Steenbeker Weg 20, 24106 Kiel, Germany
Tel.: +49 431 88 16 314
Fax: +49 431 88 16 330
Mo 12:00 - 1:00 pm
We 10:00 am - 11:00 am