What is the "Arrival-Service"?
- We organize the key of your room in the dormitory.
- A student gives a personal and warm welcome to you.
- We help with all things you need to organize, when you move in (pay deposit, sign contract, ...).
- You get a first orientation in the dormitory and the surrounding area.
- in Kiel:
- A student will pick you up from the central station, bus station or port and will bring you to the dormitory by car.
- You can buy bedlinen for 10,-€.
The Arrival-Service is free of charge.
All international students can register for the Arrival-Service,
- if they'll live in one of the dormitories of Studentenwerk SH
- if they arrive, when the Wohnheimverwaltung (Housing Department) and the caretakers of the dormitories are not available any more (that is mostly in the afternoon, evening, at night, at weekends and on holidays).
How to register
In which dormitory will you live?
- Kiel: EOH, DOH
Is the Wohnheimverwaltung (Housing Department) still open, when you arrive in Kiel?
- for all other domitories in Kiel
Is the caretaker still available, when you arrive in Kiel?
→ Yes. Then please inform your caretaker or the Wohnheimverwaltung (Housing department) about the day and time of arrival. You can arrive by your own and you get the key of your room directly at the dormitory. You'll find more important information about a trouble-free arrival here.
→ No. Then you can register for the Arrival-Service:
- Please register at least 10 days before your arrival, then we'll be able to organize everything for your arrival.
- Transfer the deposit of 300,- € before you travel to Germany and bring a receipt with you
pay the deposit of 300,- € by cash as soon as you arrive (please take the exact amount, because we can't change it).
- After your registration: We'll send you an email with all further information.
Click on your city:
More important information for a trouble-free arrival
Busses and trains run like on Sundays.
All shops, offices and departments are closed, also the caretakers of the dormitories and the housing department.
Bank Holidays in summer semester 2017:
Good Friday, 14.04.
Easter Monday, 17.04.
Labour Day, 01.05.
Ascension Day, 25.05.
Whit Monday, 05.06.
Bank Holidays in winter semester 2017/18:
Day of German Unity, 03.10.
Reformation day, 31.10.
Christmas, 25.12. and 26.12.
New year, 01.01.